Sunday, July 27, 2014

Albert Einstein (black & white painting, 2008)

My Mother has this painting in her office at work. Unfortunately she took this photograph of the painting from her cell phone so the quality is blurry and does not capture the true color. Eventually I will capture another photograph of better quality to present here.

The canvas is 18x20 inches. Black and white, acrylic paint. 

I am not the best painter, but I consider this one of my best works of art. If you read my Introduction to this blog, you read that I do not paint much and I have more unfinished paintings than I do finished. So I take great pride in this painting. I painted Albert Einstein in 2008, six years ago, when I was 18 years old, senior in High School. 

At the time I did not know why I painted Einstein, maybe I liked the idea of painting an iconic symbol of our past and future; or maybe I see my Grandfather in Albert Einstein; but now that I have involved myself in Physics, I appreciate his work and brilliance as a scientist. I am glad that I painted him as a tribute. 

Go to the link here to compare and contrast my painting to the original photograph of Albert Einstein.


No comments:

Post a Comment