Thursday, January 29, 2015

Local artist Ernie Rose / Bread ties sculpture

I'm not sure if Ernie Rose continues to create sculptures out of bread ties, but I remember he would create elaborate sculptures out of bread ties he saved. Ernie Rose has had work presented at the Morehead, Kentucky Folk Art Center. In the newspaper I had seen a picture of a large dragon fly (or some flying creature) sculpture he made.
One sculpture has survived the years, and was given to me as a gift around the year 2007. The sculpture is of an ape-like bipedal man less than a foot tall. Through the years I have banged up the sculpture, and the small parts like the hands are mangled, but it has managed well.

The bread ties making up the sculpture act like the veins and capillaries of a being.




No comments:

Post a Comment