Saturday, September 6, 2014

"Strawberry (Fragaria) Embryo"

"Strawberry (Fragaria) Embryo sporophyte with two cotyledons inside seed coat"


I mentioned in the last post my new fascination with observing cells under a microscope. Well, I've always been fascinated, but skimming through a Biology textbook led me to create two painting in the last two days that represented pictures of seeds under a microscope. In the last post, which you can see here "Microscope picture of Embryo development in Seed (Painting)", the embryo resembles a heart, but with this painting from the picture I referenced, the embryo looks like an 'Alien wearing a wig' (so my boyfriend says).
The painting below describes the Strawberry (Fragaria) where the seeds (ovaries) appear to the surface of the mature receptacle (Strawberry flesh).
This painting took (maybe) 30 minutes. I started and finished the painting on August 30th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment