Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Your expenses, My expenses by CK

Your expenses, my expenses


Your expenses, my expenses: My truck insurance, my phone, my rent, food--all should be based on my income. As mentioned in my last post, these things are essentials to even get a job. Of course without a job for income, you will need disability or social security. You have to have transportation, look presentable which may look like nice clothes or hygiene, for a job; and I need my phone for both my jobs.

Everything should be income based. This evens the playing field for obtaining resources for everyone. Then, everyone is at the same base to access healthy and stable housing, transportation, etc.

Income based housing and SNAP benefits exist, but it exists for only a handful of people. And that is not enough when poverty is widespread. Poverty level guidelines are used for these programs, but hell, everybody I know is poor. 

Even the people that are managers or someone that may make decent salary or wage, struggles because they either have many kids, lots of bills, loans, mortgage payments, or they're giving money to family members.

Income based living, looks like this if you're living on disability and social security of $700/month: income based living is 30% of your income where $210 for your rent, 30% of income $210 for monthly grocery bill, $210 for water, sewer, electric, and phone. The remaining 10% go towards entertainment and savings.

If the case is such that these essentials cannot be provided based on income--then it should be on the backs of employers to provide mileage reimbursement, provide meals and supplies, etc. Then if the case is such that these essentials cannot be provided by employers nor income based government legislation--then it should be a redistribution of wealth, and where we see the extremely wealthy taxed so that taxes that go towards healthcare, housing, and food will accomodate the poor and middle class.

No comments:

Post a Comment